Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kiddie Halloween parade

On Thursday afternoon our town’s art’s council organized a kiddie Halloween parade. Tons of kids, dressed in their costumes congregated along with their parents in the center of town. The fire department let kids try sitting in a truck. A band played upbeat music. People milled around, looking at all the darling costumes.

The police closed off the streets and the participants filled the streets, parading two blocks to another area where another band played and they were treated to Rice Krispie bars, animal crackers and juice boxes. It was such a nice event and so much fun for kids of all ages.

I’m not sure whether or not we’ll be here next year. This is a perfect place to raise River – a small, safe, well educated community, with excellent public services and great public schools within walking distance of home. It’s not the best place for me to continue my career. So I’m looking into potential jobs elsewhere. But I attend an event like this Halloween parade and I wonder why I even think of leaving.


No comments: