Friday, January 2, 2009

The Ideal Meal


Whole Foods is expensive, so I don’t go there often. But every once in a while, I like to make a trip to their salad bar, where I fill a box up with toppings. With these, I’m able to make at least two salads at home for myself, and River gets an excellent meal.

Today I piled tofu in some kind of sauce, curried cauliflower, broccoli in mayonnaise, roast turkey, edamame beans, garbanzo beans, jicama with mandarin orange, cabbage and beets onto his highchair tray. He was allowed to eat as he pleased from all the choices and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Such extensive choice is not practical with mom preparing the meal.

I figure the markup is worth it in order to keep his palate exposed to and liking a wide variety of foods that I’m not able to prepare very often.

No comments: