Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Free Brain Camp

This week-long camp, intended for high school students interested in the biology of the brain, looks really cool. Even better, it’s FREE for accepted students.

Looking at the research projects, such as analyzing addiction to Facebook/Twitter/text messaging (should blogging be included), led by neuroscience faculty from Muhlenberg College, I suddenly wanted River to grow up. I wanted him to qualify for this camp. I wanted him to learn these interesting and exciting things. I wanted to learn from his experience.

I reminded myself to take things one day at a time. Brain camp may or may not be around when he’s old enough for it. But his brain is doing it’s own development right now. In the meantime, if you have a high school aged child interested in such topics and are looking for a free week of camp, check this program out.

No comments: