Thursday, December 17, 2009

The best time to potty train

I recently read that the best time to potty train is between 18 and 30 months old. This is because few kids are ready to go without diapers before 18 months and the battle of wills grows stronger after 30 months. The book also recommends summer, with the summer after your child turns two recommended as the best time.

Our child will turn 30 months this next summer, so that is now my final aim to be diaper-free, at least during the daytime.

I think it’s realistic. We’ve been using undies for a while, though we still have some accidents. Just in the past few days, we’ve had a few cases of River asking to go potty, then going immediately upon getting on the pot. For the past two evenings, I’ve had no accidents and several successful pottys. This forewarning is what we’ve been holding out for. Once it’s here to stay, I think we’ll be in the final stretch.

No comments: