Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Peace


I am the most relaxed, peaceful, content and generally happy with life that I have been in several months. Why? I’m in a small town in a cold place with not much to do besides listen to trains rumble by and watch eagles from my window. We got a steal of a lodging rate for what is basically half of a house – with our own living room, kitchenette and two bedrooms. We’ve left River with the grandparents for two nights and three days and have no obligations or responsibilities. Wow, the freedom. Mark and I have time to spend with each other. With our expansive accommodations, we also have time to ourselves. I have the luxury of reading a big chunk of an absorbing novel, of writing, of drinking tea, of taking baths, with no toddler needs to attend to, no phone calls, nothing around to remind me of the stresses of daily life. What a treat.

1 comment:

Lainey Wright said...

whatcha reading? -sounds delightful! -I have forgotten what it is like...