Saturday, April 16, 2011

A weekend date with the kids

This weekend I took River to a local art museum that offers monthly programs directed at preschoolers. The program is included with the cost of admission. So I bought an annual membership for $70 and now have access to what is, in effect, a high-quality monthly art class for him.


I still don’t have an easy time venturing out alone with both of the kids. Since Willow was edgy, I wasn’t able to give him the one-on-one assistance other kids were receiving. But he still got to make a fun art project, put on a smock and mess around with paint, and take a kid-focused tour of some pieces of art. Afterwards, we had a mother-son lunch together in the cafĂ©.


I’m glad to have found another regular activity that we can do together. It will be our monthly date.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Look how proud he is of his picture! That looks like so much fun. He's such a sweetie.

LazyBones said...

That is so cool! I should look for something like that in my area. It looks and sounds like so much fun!