Monday, September 13, 2010

Excitement about preschool

It was unclear whether or not I could get River into preschool this fall. Today I received indications that it might be possible after all.


I find myself feeling excited, almost giddy. It seems silly. I’m not the one going after all. It’s not even a very good program. But I know it will make River happy. And it’s a big life event – the first marker of heading out into the world by himself, the first experience of socialized learning, the beginning of many years of learning from others.


The director was going to try to get him in starting tomorrow. We need a little more time than that to prepare. When I told her that next week would be better, as we’d like to clean up his lice first, she had no problems at all with the delay.

No comments: