Friday, September 10, 2010

Registered

The other day I ran around campus completing my list of seven or so things I had to do to register for a course this fall. The process made me feel somehow young, ready to take in knowledge and take on the world. Until the ID office asked me for my birthdate and I realized she probably makes cards on a daily basis for people who are of an age that I could have hypothetically mothered – people who were born when I graduated from high school.

In another two weeks I’m back to class again – graduate level statistics this time. Woo hoo!:) This may rank among the stupider things I’ve done. Taking a graduate level class in a challenging subject during third trimester of pregnancy, while working and trying to make progress on an independent project? And if I don’t get at least a B in it, I don’t get reimbursed for the tuition. We can’t afford to lose almost $5,000, so I must get a B. Just a little extra pressure.

I’m a sucker for learning though. And especially when my work offers up to $5,000 in tuition assistance per year. Granted, this single course eats up the whole annual allowance. But that’s OK since I don’t have time to pursue more than one course at a time.

I’ll now be able to add waddling around very young and lithe people to my pregnancy experiences. And hopefully I’ll learn something that I can retain through the newborn stage.

No comments: