Thursday, September 2, 2010

How long does it take people to notice?

Along with how long can a pregnant lady ride a men’s bike to work, another question I’m wondering is – how long will it take before anyone notices that I’m pregnant?

Until a week or so ago, I took the lack of comments to mean that I really wasn’t showing, which I found to be a relief. But I’ve given up on hiding it and am now wearing shirts I think are pretty clearly maternity shirts. These show that my boobs are quite large and there is a bulge in the stomach. People absolutely must be noticing, I think. But so far, no one has said anything.

I remind myself that my reproductive life is not really a topic of work conversation. So I’m not bringing it up. It now seems to me though to be a case of everyone is scared to get it wrong, so they all stay silent. I’m curious to see how long it will take before it becomes SO obvious that someone ventures to say something.

No comments: