Saturday, September 4, 2010

Family vacation

Today is the start of a four-day family road trip. We haven’t had much occasion to get away as a family of three. Either I go off with Mark, or I go off with River, or I go off on my own. But it’s been rare in the past year for all three of us to travel anywhere for more than a day.

We have a long weekend and this is the last long weekend in which I won’t be the size of a beluga whale. So I thought it would be fun to get away and create some memories with River. We have lots of kid-friendly activities planned, including an aquarium and a trip to the zoo. We’re having fun already, just being away from the normal routine.

After arriving in our $120/night hotel suite with a king-sized bed, and enjoying fantastic Middle Eastern takeout, even Mark, the reluctant traveler, said, “I think trip could be relaxing.”

No comments: