Friday, May 14, 2010

Where are the parenting advice articles I need?

Heading to central Africa while pregnant reminds me once again I’m not a particularly typical mom in America. Especially when I start to wonder things like – why aren’t there more articles available on how to deal with malaria when pregnant? What about preventing food poisoning? (been there, done that, no fun) How about a list of the best and cheapest places in the world to get pre-natal care and quality ultrasounds? (Santa Cruz, Bolivia is a good one) Or how to handle international business trips when your employer doesn’t know you are pregnant?

These are the types of questions I’m thinking about these days and I don’t have many people to turn to for advice. I’m so thankful for the internet, but even there, these types of questions require some searching. I suppose I’ll be able to offer some perspective on some of these issues soon.

No comments: