Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The first outgrown shirts

This morning, in the process of looking for an acceptable shirt for work, I first tried on two that did not fully close. The first two to go into the no longer fit pile.

It’s not really a surprise, as my stomach is pronounced to me, if not to others. But still, it reminds me that the process is just beginning.

It was a relief to not have to worry about a bit of a bulge showing over the holiday weekend. I thought it was showing, and yet when I broke the news to some family members, they said they couldn’t tell.

It will be nice to soon just be able to focus on finding something that fits, rather than something that both fits and doesn't show anything. I’ll probably break the news around two weeks from now. I’m not looking forward the conversation at all. But I hope the aftermath will be less stressful by allowing me to be open and let whatever shows show.

No comments: