Friday, July 23, 2010

Let's get some juice

Last night I took River on a walk to buy bread. On the way, I offered to stop at a frozen yogurt place that advertised juice. I bought a mango-peach smoothie, but after one sip, he thought it was gross and didn’t want any more.


“Let’s go to the juice store,” he said.


“What juice store?” I asked.


“It’s up ahead.”


I knew there wasn’t a juice store and forgot about it. Just as we approached a liquor store, he pointed and said, “There it is – the juice store!”


I have no idea where he got that from, except from perhaps the images of the bottles outside, which he might assume are juice. I’ve never been in that store and I doubt Mark has either, so I don’t know where he’d have the exposure.


In any case, I’m sure the owners would appreciate knowing that toddlers point the place out to their parents as a place to buy juice.

No comments: