Friday, March 20, 2009

Is six a record?

Today is one of those days I’m exceptionally glad we are using elimination communication methods. Junior, back on a very high fiber diet now that I’m home, pooped SIX times today. I think that’s a record. Happily, we caught five of them. The only one we didn’t catch took place when I left him at the gym childcare for two hours. I can’t imagine cleaning up six such messes. One was bearable.

If anything these days, River is wanting to spend more time on the potty. When I try to take him off, he shakes his head no. Unless we’re in a hurry to get somewhere, I’ll let him stay on as long as he wants. Often, something ends up coming out after he refused to get up. In any case, I hope he’s learning to become comfortable with the bathroom.

He’s now showing a definite dislike for diapers. This afternoon I put him down for a nap in a diaper. He undid the Velcro, then peed. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I think he’d rather not pee into fabric against his skin.

We’re nowhere near diaper-free at this point, but we’re collecting a whole lot of goo in the Baby Bjorn little potty. I’m hopeful this means we might finish the potty training earlier than the current American average of 39 months for boys.

No comments: