Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi day


This was our first year celebrating pi day, but I imagine it will become an annual occurrence. We started small, the highlights being a train ride with Einstein and the purchase of a small cherry pie.

River knows that Einstein was a famous man and perhaps knows he had something to do with math and physics. I told him briefly about the number pi, though I doubt it meant anything to him. But he definitely loved the cherry pie.

I have a friend who celebrates by eating various types of pie for every meal on pie day. Perhaps if I ever become very ambitious, or River and/or Willow become enthusiastic about this holiday, I’ll go for it. In the meantime, it’s a low-stress opportunity to mix some history and math with sugar and fun.

Do you celebrate pi day?

No comments: