Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spring flowers in cold autumn showers




I generally tend to seek happiness from non-material things. But I have to admit, this umbrella added a couple of points to my contentment index today. How fun to see a bright spring flower on a cold, rainy day.

My theory, yet to be proven, is that I’m less likely to lose this umbrella. The bright pink color may provide a visual reminder. But mainly, I just enjoy seeing it enough that perhaps I’ll be more likely to remember to pick it up.




Extra joy comes from seeing River’s appreciation of my beautiful umbrella, then sitting at the table with him to enjoy molasses cookies, milk and kale chips together. He raises his mug of milk and asks to clink glasses. It’s a bright afternoon, despite the rain outside.

No comments: